As your body ages, not all areas will undergo the same changes. Sometimes, even when your face remains youthful, your neck can show noticeable signs of aging, detracting from your overall appearance. If you are unhappy with excess skin and fat around your jawline and neck, you may benefit from a neck lift.
What is a Neck Lift?
Also referred to as a lower rhytidectomy, a neck lift is a surgical procedure designed to reduce visible signs of ages around your jawline and neck.
With a neck lift, Dr. Eisemann can help you improve the appearance of:
- Unsightly loose, sagging neck skin
- Excess fatty deposits below the chin
- Jowls created by excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face
- Abnormal contours created by muscle banding in the neck
Depending on your personal aesthetic goals and physical needs, Dr. Eisemann can determine if a neck lift is the right procedure to help you attain the results you want. Sometimes if you wish to address signs of aging in the facial area, a facelift might be more appropriate.
Sometimes Dr. Eisemann may even recommend combining one or more cosmetic facial procedures with your neck lift to help you achieve the results you want most. If you are not an ideal facelift candidate, Dr. Eisemann may suggest alternative rejuvenation options.
Benefits and Limitations of a Neck Lift
Though neck lifts can be an incredibly effective procedure for the right candidates, it’s important to understand the benefits and limitations. In order to achieve the most satisfying outcome, keep the following in mind:
- A neck lift is a surgical procedure of which the same results cannot be achieved non-surgically
- A neck lift is a restorative procedure that can rejuvenate your look, but it will not change your fundamental appearance
- A neck lift will noticeably improve the appearance of existing signs of aging in the neck area, but the procedure not stop the natural aging process from continuing
Dr. Eisemann will discuss all of the benefits and limitations in detail during your consultation.
If you think a neck lift might be the right procedure for you, call Eisemann Plastic Surgery Center at 713-766-0071 to schedule your personal consultation with our experienced Houston cosmetic surgeon.